Updates about COVID-19 and rules of entry to Ukraine
A «red» level of epidemic danger of COVID-19 spread has been established in Kyiv since 00:00 on November 1.
The list of additional restrictions that will take effect from now on is approved by the protocol № 68.
According to the document, from 00:00 on November 1 in Kyiv until a separate decision is prohibited:
- Transportation of passengers by public transport, including the subway (except for persons under 18 years of age), without a negative PCR test for COVID-19 or a rapid test to determine the antigen valid for 72 hours; or a «yellow» or «green» COVID certificate; or a document on the recovery of a person from the specified disease;
- Transportation of passengers by public transport — trams, trolleybuses, buses, and minibusses — in greater quantities than provided by the technical characteristics of the vehicle;
- Visiting the mall by persons under 18 years of age, unaccompanied by adults who hasn’t a negative PCR test for COVID-19 or a rapid test to determine the antigen for 72 hours; or «green» COVID-certificate; or a document of recovery.
The current rules for crossing the Ukrainian border are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated December 9, 2020 No. 1236, with the latest amendments dated August 18, 2021 Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 889
All foreign citizens regardless of the country of arrival to enter Ukraine must have a policy (certificate) of insurance issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, and covers the costs related to the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine.
All foreign citizens, holders of a temporary residence permit, as well as stateless persons need to have one of the following documents:
• a document confirming receipt of one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations; or
• foreign COVID certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines that are included in the WHO list of approved for emergency use, negative test result for COVID-19 by PCR or recovery of a person from COVID-19; or
• a negative rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT, Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry; or
• a certificate of a negative PCR test result done no more than 72 hours before the entry.
Test and vaccination are not required for children under 12.
Foreign tourists over 18 years old who have not been vaccinated against coronavirus and cross the state border to enter must install the Vdoma mobile app, which monitors self-isolation, regardless of the length of stay on the territory of Ukraine.
Self-isolation is not required if you undergo PCR testing or a rapid antigen test within 72 hours of entry and get a negative result.
Unvaccinated citizens arriving from Russia or India (including in transit) must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine without the possibility of early termination.
Insurance from COVID is required anyway! Pay attention to this.
To know where to do PCR test and to check full information please read our article below:
More information below:
Foreigners with a permanent residence permit in Ukraine cross the border without hindrance if you have a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination from COVID-19 vaccines included in the WHO list of permitted for use in emergencies, issued in accordance with IHR or in accordance with international agreements mutual recognition of vaccination documents.
If such documents are not available, citizens and foreigners with a permanent residence permit in Ukraine (except for persons under 18 and other categories specified in the resolution) install the application “Home” and undertake to start self-isolation after 72 hours in the absence of a negative result testing for COVID-19 by PCR or rapid testing to determine the antigen of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, made within 72 hours from the moment of crossing the border.
If it is impossible to use the “Home” application, the citizen will be under observation.
Importantly! The “Home” application does not control or restrict the user’s movement for the first 72 hours after crossing the border. The application will monitor self-isolation from the third day or in case of a positive COVID-19 test by PCR or rapid testing for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus antigen.
All persons, regardless of nationality, who came from Russia or India and stayed in these countries for more than 7 days in the last two weeks, will be subject to stricter rules of self-isolation. In particular, they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days without the right to terminate it early.
To cross the CPVV in the absence of a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination from COVID-19 vaccines included in the WHO list of permitted for use in emergencies or certificate 063-O on the first vaccination from the course of vaccination against COVID-19 (except persons under 18 years) ), you will need to pass a free rapid test to determine the antigen of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
We are always working for your comfort.
Now you can take a PCR test in ADONIS without previous scheduling and waiting at any time!
Price for PCR test in ADONIS is: 25 USD / 21 EUR / 680 UAH
Price for Antigen test is: 19 / 21 USD, 495 / 550 UAH
Our laboratories that are open 24/7 no need of previous scheduling:
- Kyiv, st. Zhilyanskaya, 72 (first floor) – in the very center of the city,
- or upon arrival at the ADONIS sampling point at Boryspil airport: Terminal D, 2nd floor
- Kyiv, 8B Raisy Okipnoi Str. (second floor) – only the option of 12 hours
- Kyiv, 26 K Dniprovska Naberezhna Str. (08:00- 20:00)
- Kyiv, 9 Kniazhyi Zaton Str. (08:00- 20:00)
- Kyiv, 22/20 Petro Hryhorenko Str. (pediatric department) (08:00- 20:00)
- Kyiv, 39 Spaska Str. (08:00- 20:00)
- Obukhiv, 115A Kyivska Srt. (08:00- 18:00)
If you are planning to have a flight and will need a result in English, please, indicate that. And do not forget to consult with your airline company about other requirements for the test.
Remember some important recommendations before PRC test procedure:
– do not eat or drink for 3-4 hours before taking biomaterial for testing;
– also, the day before the test, avoid alcohol and fat foods.
More about rules for staying in Ukraine and insurance policy can be found in the official video here:
Update about lockdown situation in Ukraine as from 1st of May 2021.
The Emergency Situations Commission canceled the lockdown in Kyiv. In particular, from May 1st, public transport will resume work as usual; schools and universities will open on May 5th.
What will work from May 1st:
- shops (non-food stores that did not work during the lockdown);
- shopping malls;
- markets and fairs;
- restaurants, cafes, bars;
- gyms and fitness centers.
The Administrative Services Centres will also resume their work, but they will receive visitors by appointment through electronic services.
From May 5th educational institutions in Kyiv will resume their work.
More details, please, find here.
We remind you that we are taking all the necessary precautions to protect you against the coronavirus.